Jailbroken users must be aware of the RetroArch Emulator on iOS. This is because, long back, RetroArch was available only on Cydia for jailbroken users. However, post witnessing the immense popularity of the emulator, the developers sprang into action and released RetroArch emulator for iOS without jailbreak.
This emulator brings to you the capability of running Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Genesis, and other retro games on the iPhone/iPad.
RetroArch Emulator on iOS – Features
In this post, we will check out how to download the RetroArch emulator on a non-jailbroken iOS device.
- The user interface is clean, smooth, and easy to navigate.
- Apart from iOS, the emulator works on Android, Blackberry, Linux, Windows, and Web Browsers.
- Speaking about consoles, RetroArch also works with PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Game Cube, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and more.
- Further, RetroArch is also compatible with Open Pandora, Raspberry Pi, and GCW Zero.
- You cannot spot a difference in time of input latency from the real hardware.
- RetroArch sports auto-configuration for joypads.
Check out: NDS4iOS Emulator for iOS.
Download RetroArch Emulator on iOS [TweakBox]
You can download RetroArch from TweakBox. If TweakBox isn’t installed on your iOS device, please click here to check out the download and installation steps for it.
Install RetroArch on iOS from TweakBox [No Jailbreak]
- Please launch the TweakBox app on your iOS device.
- Search for RetroArch on TweakBox.
- Wait for the search results to populate.
- Tap on the appropriate search result to navigate to the app info screen. Here, you can read more about the RetroArch emulator.
- Tap on the red-colored ‘Install’ button to begin with the download and installation process.
- On the dialog box that comes up next, please tap on ‘Install.’
- Monitor the installation progress from the home screen.
- After the installation is over, please navigate to Settings > General > Profiles and trust the profile of RetroArch.
- Great! Now you can launch RetroArch and enjoy all the cool console games on your iPhone/iPad.
Best Alternative Emulators to RetroArch
RetroArch is not the only console games emulator on iOS. If you are looking for alternative emulators to RetroArch, the following list will come in handy.
- Delta Emulator
The brainchild of Riley Testut, Delta Emulator supports games from all versions of Nintendo and Game Boy. The emulator even accepts cheat codes and allows you to save your gaming progress to Google Drive or Dropbox.
Must Check Out: iNDS Emulator Download on iOS.
- Happy Chick Emulator
Happy Chick Emulator is considered as an all-in-one emulator as it supports more than 18 gaming environments including but not limited to PSP, Nintendo DS, N64, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advanced. The advantage of Happy Chick Emulator is that it comes with 500 popular games preloaded. Hence, you don’t require getting into the hassles of downloading a ROM.
As clear from the name SNES4iOS supports games from Super Nintendo. The user interface is smooth and easy to use. Game controls are accurate. Overall, if you are in the lookout of a lightweight Nintendo emulator, SNES4iOS is perfect.
Conclusion – RetroArch Emulator on iOS using TweakBox
Now, you can download and install RetroArch on iOS from TweakBox without jailbreak. If you have any further questions to ask regarding the emulator, please drop us a note in the comments section provided below.